 Adventurers / 5
4  |  6
Subject:
My favorite Adventurer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:52:12 GMT

I'm really enjoying the Adventurer's theme (though the '98 sets are
considerably better than the '99 sets in my opinion).

Here are the top models (again in my opinion):
5909 - Treasure Raiders
Really just a minifig pack but the biplane and car are the best vehicles
in any of this theme's sets.  If this set is still available in your area
pick it up now!!!
5928 - Biwing Baron
Again, a great biplane model (though not as nice as 5909's).  Usually at decent
price.  Pick this one up before the inferior 5925-Pontoon Plane crowds it off
of the shelves.  Note: I do like the Pontoon Plane but it isn't as good as the
biwing baron.
5988 - Pharaohs Forbidden Ruins
This is the granddaddy set and it has been discounted lately!  The truck is odd
looking but still a nice vehicle and the tomb layout is fairly clever.
5978 - Sphynx Secret Surprise
Not my first pick, but it does include the tent, odd-shaped base plate and a
not-too-bad sphynx model.  This is the "base" set to get if you can't afford
the 5988.

Well, those are just my views.  If anyone out there is truly impressed with
any of the 1999 sets please let me know because I just don't have the courage
to pick up anything other than the pontoon plane and 5956 Expedition
Balloon (zeppelin) sets.

..joseph g