 Adventurers / 17
Re: My favorite Adventurer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jeff Johnston writes:
People keep saying this, along witht he comments about standing up to fire the
rifles and such.  Am I the only one that used a little imagination here and
decided that the 'rifles' on the BB were an attempt at representing Gatling
guns or other aircraft-style weaponry without molding a whole new piece?

LEGO has certainly done things like this before: the WW Gun Cart is almost
certainly another example, as is the double-vertical-crossbow arrangement in
the Royal Knight's Castle.

For the most part, I have to agree with you. Whether or not it's accurate
doesn't really matter that much to me on a scale like this. They get the point
across that the thing is a WWI style plane with guns. Maybe if you're an
avionics expert you can tell us the particular faults, but how inaccurate
it is is really just a point of interest for me... For the most part, that
doesn't affect my opinion of the set (unless the inaccuracy gets ridiculous to
the point of silly)

I think the qualm with the guns isn't really the pieces themselves tho, so much
as their placement... As I believe, the guns on WWI planes were mounted on the
body of the plane as oppsed to the wing... I could always be wrong though. I
think that's the way it is with most guns, until you get to modern aircraft
that have missles, etc., mounted on the wings.

DaveE