 Adventurers / 164
Re: Jumping In...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:08:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  This is about the most beautifully demented thread I've seen in a while.

Frank Filz wrote:

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Daniel Moquin writes:
<snip>
I have scads of them.  I will more than happily trade pairs of red arms • for
pairs of just about any other color, preferably black (or brown, but I • don't
think brown arms exist - or if they do, they're quite rare)

Monkeys provide two pair of arms!!  I've hobbled quite a few for brown • arms.

<SMACK> - Sound of James hitting his head against a large, blunt object.

I have scads of monkeys, too.  Time to go cripple some Lego simians...

Also a good source of yellow hands even if you don't need brown arms.

  And, perhaps, surrogate hearts for Adventurers beset by your Temple of • Doom folks
in the new Amazon theme...but I wonder, what does one do with a limbless • monkey?
(Sell it?)

  LFB.

I'll tell you what I did.  I made an image brought forth by Adam Sandler in a
Saturday Night Live sketch come to life.  As I recall Sandler and Tim Meadows
were doing their Captain Jim and Pedro personas (you know the desert island
castaways thrust back into contemporary society?) and were trying to make a
good impression on their dates' father.  Sandler trying to showcase their
ingenuity and madness blurts out, "One time we made a raft out of dead
monkeys!"  He pauses for effect and then says, "It floated!"  I must say that
a pirate sitting on a raft of 20 armless, legless monkey bodies lashed
together as a raft will make a great centerpiece to any lego collection.  When
people see my collection that piece is the only  one that gets a comment
everytime.

Mark L