 Adventurers / 125
Re: Jumping In...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:57:48 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, John Battcock writes:
Well I was pleasantly surprised to see this group during my latest skim
through Lugnet and thought I'd say Hi.

Hi John, glad to have you on board.

First, while I bought an adventurer set for my three and a half year old son
last spring, I was instantly hooked. I therefore credit Adventurers with my
emergence from the dark ages. Since then I have bought the Islanders, Star
Wars, Buckets, Buckets, and more Buckets.

This story sounds so familiar it's scary.  I know of a few besides myself who
have told almost identical tales.  Star Wars was a natural for me, as well as
the Indiana Jones-like Adventurers theme.  The Islanders interest started for
me when I needed natives for my jungle themed Adventurer sets, and has
blossomed to include all the pirates and soldiers from the theme too.  And as
for the buckets you can never have too many legos, my only problem now is
storage!

Third re Desert Inhabitants, In my own opinion the ninja hoods work best as
mask/hoods for grave robbers and other such riff-raff. These guys ride
horses and are armed with muskets and swords on my shelfs. They are also
dressed in Starwars torsos. (Mark, white is not all that great a color in my
opiniopn, red is my prefernce).

I am beginning to agree on not putting a premium on white.  I still wish there
were tan ninjas though. Ha Ha Ha.

Now with such an elusive band of outlaws I have started to  put together a
legion to chase these bad guys around (pith helmet, blue pirate torso, red
arms, red legs OH YEAH, did I mention I need red arms) about 35 strong right
now.

I like that idea!  Your legion is sounding awesome, I have designs on one of
my own as well.  I also chose to go with pith helmets, blue soldier torsos and
grey legs, but those red arms sound great!

Fourth, future projects, Bigger house and more room for Lego Models then
maybe a pyramid in yellow on 4 48x48 baseplates, also a fort for my
legionaires.

Keep me posted on those projects.  I will be revealing mine soon along with
pics, so be on the look out.

Mark L