 Adventurers / 1622
Re: new adventure sets at Walmart (adventurers game)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I went to Walmart today and saw that they carried nearly all of the sets,
except the large Maharja Palace set.

I bought the Johnnie Thunder in the Boat (which meets the strange Idol) set
(set #7410).

In the back of the instruction manual for the set it has all the new
Adventurers line-up.  The 2 largest sets 7418 (Maharaja's Palace) and
the 7417 (Mount Everest Conflict?) both contain game boards and a whole
slew of playing cards.  You also get cards in 7412 (Yeti and Gail Storm),
7415 (Doctor in the Balloon), 7411 (Attack of the Tiger), and 7414 (Elephant
Safari) sets.

I guess its a way for kids to get their parents to buy the entire line-up.
Only the sets over $10 (US) get them.

The 2 smallest sets (7410) and the 7409 (Baron Ogel meets Mr. Bones) don't
have the cards.

If you want I can make a scan of the page.  Though, I'm sure you die-hard
Adventurers will go out and see if you can secure your own copy/copies
of the sets as quick as you can.

Ben

Hi Ben

Thanks for sharing. The release of the sets are good news.

I would really like to see the scan though. It seems the sets are not
available in Denmark yet, at least not in the shops I have been visiting today.

Is Baron Ogel an official name for Mr. Hates?

Do you now who the figures are in the 7417?

Are the set names you have given the official ones?

Kecia
Who's very excited about the new Adventurers sets...