 Adventurers / 1344
Re: Dino Reasearch Compound, convince me to buy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:28:57 GMT

r2 wrote:

Ok. Someone please convince me that the Dino Research compound is worth $40.
It doesn't appear to be a very good model or have much play value. $40 seems
a bit high for a few dinosaurs. We already have the T-rex.

Rose

Despite my recent rant regarding the athestically absent color scheme of
this set, I HAVE to agree with all the previous ostsss regarding the
pluses of the compound. The little bits (truck, plane, boat) are built
with the great attention to detail of other adventurers vehicles. While
the overall play value is rank, (I think most of the set sucks
otherwise) there are some nifty mechanical devices that appeal to me.
Most notably the mechanism for raising the satellite dish.

The parts composition of the set is most appealing to me. There's a
GREAT selection of 'earth tones" parts in the set. I love the metal roof
slopes! I'd buy another set for 40 dollars for these alone. Plus I'm a
sucker for Dinos (LOVE THEM) and BURPs (Can't get enough!). Overall, as
a parts purchase, the compound can't be beat at $40.00.

Matt
(Who recently shelled out full price for his to make himself Dino Island
complete at Target)