 Administrative / Terms of Use / 37
Re: whoop de doo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:52:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Susan Hoover writes:
If it helps you figure it out any, I think Alan was trying out the
technique mentioned in this post: • <http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/?n=1520
-- to an excessive extent!  (Note that Alan's post 1520 was 3 minutes before
the string of 108 messages started.)

Susan -- thanks.  Very Interesting.

--Todd

I do not know why Alan did what he did, but there may be reason.  I will
concede that 83 messages is a bit excessive, however.

Anyway, I just used Alans string of test messages to test out the SUBMIT
RATINGS feature.  It did not work for me.  Here is what I did:
I pulled up the thread display
http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/?n=1523&t=i&v=c
and then selected the last few messages first by clicking one of the dots, then
I rated it and then clicked the next post icon in the Light Blue band at the
top of the page.  Repeated the process five or six times.  Then called up the
thread display again and hit SUBMIT RATINGS.
No good.  Did not change the ratings for the messages.

Any tips or procedural info??