 Administrative / Terms of Use / 16
Re: Royal Knights treasure Carrier 6044 and others
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:06:00 GMT

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:01:04 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.admin.terms, Scott Arthur writes:
2. I do not think sale posts should be in theme groups if auction posts are
not, as the distiction between the two is often not 100% clear to me (and
others?). I'd leave them in bst (or a market.theme group.). Trades do not
bother me too much, but then we have to consider the cross theme trade
chestnut.

The distinction between auctions and regular sales is bigger and clearer than
the distinction between regular sales and other quasi-market-related things --

Really?  Not in my opinion.

Auction:  Seller is selling something to the highest bidder.
Sale:     Seller is selling something for a set price to the first (?)
person willing to pay the price.

Yeah, auctions are different from sales, in execution.  But the result
is the same - the item is sold by one person to another person.

such as someone posting about a sale they found somewhere and then offering to
buy & sell to people who can't get to the store in person -- at a profit or
otherwise.

I see the distinction between "I have ___ to sell - here's what I'll
take for it" and "hey, TRU has this set people are looking for - I'll
sell them for cost plus whatever" as being MUCH clearer than the
difference between someone selling or auctioning something.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html