 Administrative / Suggestions / 924
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:56:26 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I guess I personally am in the camp that doesn't see why people
would *want* this group. Personally, it seems marginalising.

But I do not think that my view *matters*.

Thank you Larry.

My mind is boggling at the number of people who are posting what boils down to:

"I don't understand why it should exist, so it shouldn't"

It is quite usual when there is a small group within a majority group, for
members of the larger group not to understand why the members of the small group
want or need their own space (in this case: newsgroup). That's why it's not a
good idea to allow the majority to decide whether the smaller group should be
allowed to have that space or not.

Kevin