 Administrative / Suggestions / 875
  How about a glossary?

There's a lot of custom jargon around here, which is very confusing to newbies like me. (SNOT building, for example?!? I thought our preferred medium was plastic bricks?) I looked around and if there's a glossary somewhere, I couldn't find it. If (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) May I suggest you peruse (URL) HERE>. In the menu bar you will find links to an Acro FAQ and some other goodies as well which will help bring you up to speed, as it were. (URL) Schleim On>, JOHN (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Well there's (URL) this>, which is linked on the (URL) FAQ main page>. But it may not be easy for a newbie to find - maybe a link up near the top of the main page with Newsgroups | Spotlight | Events etc.? ROSCO (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford wrote: (snipped a bunch of old news) You snooze, you (URL) lose>:-D JOHN (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Ah yes, that does help. I don't know what you mean by "menu bar" but I do see the acronym link in the list of topics on the FAQ page. But how would I find that from the lugnet.com main page? ...Ah, I see, it's one of the newsgroups. I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

Hi Joe, Welcome to Lugnet! From your post, I just wanted to suggest you add some input to this thread: (URL) Since you are a web-savvy person new to Lugnet, you might look at things with a fresh eye and notice glitches that we've learned to ignore. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Would it be more clear if it were called "sidebar"? What is meant is the stuff on the left side of the page (the right side has the list of 4 most recent posts, the top has the most common tasks and the bottom the legalish stuff) I have been (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) I will officially have to agree with this statement. Just so everyone knows: I, as Content Coordinator, am keeping an eye on these suggestions and figuring how best to implement them. I love hearing new ideas. Currently there is a code freeze (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Well John, that might even be slightly funny if it was all old news, but if you read carefully, you'll see I included more than your solitary useful link and one totally meaningless one. So please try to keep the stupid **** in (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Well, that was the joke (hence the smiley). Your post was about 4 minutes after mine... (...) (URL) Lighten up, Francis.> JOHN (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Well, that was my point. Last I heard, adding a smiley doesn't automatically make a statement into a joke, it generally requires some humour to be present. (...) Really??????? No kidding????!!!!!????? Ha ha ha. ROSCO (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) No, only that it was intended to be taken in a humorous way. (...) Okay. You got the "joke" but decided to deliberately respond with hostility anyway. Fine. LUGNET just got a little less civil. JOHN (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How about a glossary?

(...) Done ;-) -Rene (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)