 Administrative / Suggestions / 730
Re: Avatars?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 01:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dean R. Hennen wrote:
   Hello to Lugnet Staff,

I know that the mods for pictures in posts are probably sufficient enough for what I’m asking, but can you make an option to create customizable member avatars (profile pictures so to speak) like in the Brickfilms Forums (http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/index.php)? Much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Please send feedback on what you think.

Cheers

Heh, I recall getting shot down for a similar suggestion about seven months ago.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=38995

I might be reiterating a bit of what was discussed earlier, but I felt I might as well give some input.

Of course, opinions change over time, including my thoughts on the subject. Personally, I don’t believe there’s any legitimate reason for an avatar in the first place. We all know that posters want avatar pics for that ‘extra bit’ of personalization, but why resort to pictures when you can better distinguish yourself with the written post content?

However,

If you want to use an avatar, I guess you can follow the examples of several others in .space and place a small image at the end of your post.

But aside from that, I just don’t believe an avatar implementation is necessary.

Over and out,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y the desert wind hawk