 Administrative / Suggestions / 293
Re: studios group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 14:56:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

Am I just blind, or is there no Lego Studios group?

The moviemaking part of LEGO Studios is covered here:
http://news.lugnet.com/publish/cinema/

But you're right about there being lots of cool new things in the Studios
line. It looks like TLC will continue to use the theme for their movie
licencing deals (other than SW), so there should be no shortage of future sets.

I think the Monsters sets could use a home right away...
What do other people think?

-Suz

I think the Studios sets product line needs to be separate from  Cinema-
(techniques).   Other product lines are listed in bottom portion of
newsgroups  on the news front page, yet the Studios product line is not
listed, but is  2 clicks deep from a topic  on the top portion.

Movie making technique is broader than the Studios line.   Movies can and
are made using a variety of cameras, not just the Lego one.  The brick
backgrounds/sets and characters people actually feature cut across many themes.

Aesthetics...bottom half of newsgroup listings has 4 columns of 7 = 28
titles.  If Studios product line is added, there would be 29.  Not as
easy/straight forward to deal with 29.

I am looking forward to acquiring a werewolf.   For this reason, I too want
a place to read about what others think abouts these sets and see posts
about constructions utilizing these sets.

regards,
sheree