 Administrative / Suggestions / 294
Re: Can we have a more robust Skip-Filter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:21:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ben Roller writes:
I know this is more of a Todd-era request since I'm not sure how much of
this type of coding is still occuring, but I thought I'd bring it up for
comment.  Can anyone see any problems that would occur with these types of
skipping?

I just looked at the code, most of it doesn't seem too hard to do - the
Filter-by-author seems really easy, actually, as long as we keep it in a
cookie, like the filter-by-group...  filtering by thread might require
another database (since it has to be able to remember a lot of threads,
forever)...  and I like the idea of filtering by size, though I'll have to
dig in some more to see how that might be doable.

so yah, I don't see a problem with it, and wouldn't mind writing it - just
need the time :)

Dan