 Administrative / Suggestions / 1219
    Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Dan Boger
   (...) I would recommend setting it up so only logged on users will be able to even see a button for canceling (only their) posts - otherwise you'd end up floodding people with "cancel requests" :/ I did look once to see how we can associate a member (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Frank Filz
   (...) Good point. Hmm, did we capture the suggestion that we should have logins for non-members so they can benefit from some of the post controls? (...) Aren't logged on members already associated with a posting setup? Frank (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Dan Boger
   (...) Actually, I wasn't sure. After a bit of digging, it seems that members are associated with *one* posting setup - I assume after going through the posting setup while logged in. I'm not sure if that association is actually verified as part of (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Not sure I undestand the question, but what from I get of it, I think Todd would have to answer. I have a favour to ask (again) Can we have one new/revived suggestion per post please rather than 3 paragraphs that have to be read closely to (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Dan Boger
     (...) The question is when you approve a posting setup (do you approve them? I thought so?), do you see what member ID submitted it? Do you verify that the email getting approved actually is one of the member? If not, then we shouldn't use that info (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) No. I have no idea if it was submitted by a member or just someone that wants to be able to post, unless I recognise the name. (...) Again, no. (...) Not unless it's linked in better, it sounds like. Currently all we are doing to allow posting (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Hmm, another suggestion —Frank Filz
   (...) I realize the desire here, but I'm sort of a stream of conscious person. Plus, as an NNTP user, I tend to go for a minimal number of posts. Until we have an ability to mass authenticate posts, it's just too much of a pain to authenticate a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)