 Administrative / Suggestions / 1223
Re: Hmm, another suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:13:15 GMT

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 06:40:52PM +0000, Frank Filz wrote:
Aren't logged on members already associated with a posting setup?

Actually, I wasn't sure.  After a bit of digging, it seems that members
are associated with *one* posting setup - I assume after going through
the posting setup while logged in.  I'm not sure if that association is
actually verified as part of the posting setup or not - one of the
people who do that would know (Larry?  Todd?  Is there anyone else?).

If it is verified, then I think it should be usable for this purpose.
Of course, you won't be able to cancel your old posts unless you
re-setup again.  Not ideal.  I think it would be much cleaner to
associate the posting setup with a member (instead of the other way
around) - but that would require that manual verification step (which
might already be happening!).

Did that help at all?

--
Dan Boger