 Administrative / Suggestions / 1096
    Response highlighting —Felix Greco
   I don't have time to do an exhaustive search of this newsgroup to see if this issue has been resolved, but I know it has come up. Please let me know if this is old news that doesn't need to come up anymore. But, can we do something about these (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Response highlighting —David Eaton
     (...) Just more coding suggestions: I think that in the "someday" category when/if personal skip-filters are employed to the spotlight, perhaps there could be an opt-in setting that prevents replies from making it to the spotlight list. In response (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Response highlighting —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Currently, there are (URL) variable spotlight weights> provided so that some newsgroups are prefered over other newsgroups. The hoped for effect is that MOCs will be on the mainpage more than fruitless discussion. You'll notice that several (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

         Re: Response highlighting —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) And that's another anticrossposting argument I have.... it circumvents weightings. For the record Ben has apologised for his inappropriate excessive crossposting. (...) I think that's a valid concern. But I DO think people spotlight good mocs (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

         Re: Response highlighting —Simon Bennett
     (...) That's exactly why I've started doing it (and have avoided, no matter how annoyed I get, making any sort of response to the .color or letter-based nastiness). Lead by example (well not so much 'lead' as 'participate') (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Response highlighting —Bruce Hietbrink
     Hey, I do think there are some potential administrative "solutions" (assuming that all agreed that this was a problem). The weightings of .announce posts or .off-topic could be adjusted up- or downwards to increase MOC discussion. The idea of being (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Response highlighting —Nelson Yrizarry
     Snip... (...) I, too, do not like the color change. However, I believe that a ‘letter’ to TLC regarding such would have been better presented on a website with a form that users could complete, sans debate. Anyhow, that’s not why I am writing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Response highlighting —Mark Neumann
   (...) (URL) My old Post> I'm one of the ones that brought this up before. And I'd argue that I think it needs to come up again. Especially if more and more people chime in that they are getting annoyed at seeing our "highlighted" stories over-run (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)