 Administrative / NNTP / Search Results: hermit structure tough decisions
 Results 61 – 80 of 132.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm for both of these groups (ie, lugnet.rant and lugnet.rave). I think that your reasons for wanting them are valid. (...) Hmm. I'll be honest- I would rather see debates about Bionicle take place in the Bionicle newsgroup, than a general (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like the idea already expressed for .rant/rave combined. (...) I agree with your reasoning on this one. It's a good idea. (...) This is the area I visit the most (after Castle). Your suggested change is very good -- it mimics how I think (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Err... I guess I figured out how to cancel a web-posted message via my newsreader. :-) -Tim (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  (canceled)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  (canceled)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  (canceled)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes: <snip a whole bunch of thoughtful stuff that needs thinking about> One question now, more later. For groups being sunsetted is it uniformly an "archive it and start over" approach, or are there some groups (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  (canceled)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah, that's another advantage to their being top-level groups and not part of the .lego.* subhierarchy. I'm glad you pointed that out -- I hadn't seen that. I think it's important that they be separate groups because of their naturally separate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm glad you mentioned that. I forgot last night that lugnet.lego.rant (that is, placing it in the lugnet.lego.* subhierarchy) won't really work for the intended all-encompassing purpose of the group. First, the lugnet.lego.* hierarchy is (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah yes, more confusion. Excellent question. If there were a good, standard, intuitive word for "I want to get rid of this," then I think that could certainly stand to do double duty for both .forsale and .swap. I'd hate to see excessive (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

* Delete lugnet.market.auction and lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and replace these with lugnet.market.forsale, lugnet.market.wanted, and lugnet.market .swap? Why or why not? If you listed some sets you have for sale, and then put "willing to sell or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'm a little late coming on this discussion topic but I thought I'd add my thoughts anyhow. I'd be interested in your current thoughts on this issue Todd, after reading so many responses.....not that I doubt you'll keep us all well aware of your (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.231)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Hello Todd, hello everybody, (...) Go ahead and do that. In the case of Germany, I have wondered from the very beginning, how we three or so online AFOLs in the Stuttgart area should fill a newsgroup. Traffic in the loc.de newsgroup is currently (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.231)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) A good thing (if the posts are clearly marked.) :-). However I am not sure what a suitable disclaimer wording would be. I also suggested having a seperate group for speculations of the 'Article from tommorow' type nature so that people reading (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

TWS Garrison wrote in message ... (...) replaced (...) on (...) that (...) deal (...) Town (...) I like the idea of theme-specific market groups, though not to replace the general ones. Cross posting might not be so terrible: if something really is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) My personal view/wish: I think the whole .bst/.auction area should be replaced with theme-specific market groups. Little advertised fact: not everyone on LUGNET is a generalist! I do not read .bst or .auction despite knowing that I'll be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) lugnet.market.available lugnet.market.wanted Paul Sinasohn also an MBA LUGNET #115 (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3aa3d748.171657156@...et.com>... (...) will (...) I don't think this issue is ever going to NOT be sticky - wherever you draw the line between For Sale and Auction, Todd, someone will misunderstand or disagree and stick (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ok, Could you add a TOS/T&C comment regarding April Fool's and other speculative type postings.. I know that on the posting page it clearly states that you agree not to submit " false,fradulent,incomplete or decpetive information.". However, I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 1.230)

More:  Next Page >>