 Administrative / NNTP / 330
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 04:54:31 GMT

TWS Garrison wrote in message ...
My personal view/wish:  I think the whole .bst/.auction area should be • replaced
with theme-specific market groups.  Little advertised fact:  not everyone • on
LUGNET is a generalist!   I do not read .bst or .auction despite knowing • that
I'll be missing stuff I might want, simply because I don't want to have to • deal
with the noise.  I realize that some people want to know if some obscure • Town
or Duplo set is available.  Fine for them, but it matters not to me.

I like the idea of theme-specific market groups, though not to replace the
general ones. Cross posting might not be so terrible: if something really is
relevant to several theme groups (eg sabers in Western, Pirate and
Adventurers) it should be allowed in them - and crossposted to
market.general or whatever it turns out to be.

A market.technic group might be especially useful since lots of system
people aren't interested in Technic stuff at all, and Technic types might
like a place where all they will see is Technic stuff for sale instead of
having to wade through everything else.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1