 Administrative / NNTP / 921 (-20)
  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. You see, I pay for phone calls, so I don't want to be dialled-up to the internet the whole time I'm meandering around lugnet reading messages. My machine runs a server, so it connects to the internet, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) Just as a hint, you may want to try Leafnode as well, which passes articles upstream by posting. It works fine by me, but a side effect is that you get different article numbers locally as compared with the server. In all other NNTP (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Year 2002 gone

(...) I still see it - both on the web interface and via nntp - could it be that you unsubscribed somehow? what newsreader? Dan (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Year 2002 gone

A few days ago I went to year 2002 on my news reader and the entire section of messages was gone. What could have happened? Rose (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) No. (...) It's by design that it only accepts 'post' and not 'ihave'. --Todd (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) according to RFC 977: The IHAVE command informs the server that the client has an article whose id is <messageid>. If the server desires a copy of that article, it will return a response instructing the client to send the entire article. If (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  problems with innxmit

Should lugnet.com accept 'ihave' nntp messages from subscribers machines? I run inn locally, and it is trying to pass my messages on to the server, but I just get 'ihave failed 400 You do not have transfer permission' messages in my logs. I want to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: e-mail delay

(...) I'm SO GLAD to be able to post again! Thanks to all the Admins for fixing the problem! I couldn't post for about 3-4 days. It was horrible, since at the exact same time I just bought a whole bunch of the new HP sets and wanted to talk about (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Cant send messages from Outlook

Hello, The subject explains it all. Cant send messages to the lugnet.com account from my outlook, but i can receive messages from lugnet.com. thanky kai (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: e-mail delay

(...) The web interface seemed to be down for a while today also, looks like it's back up. Hopefully the rest is up. I kinda got a clue when I looked at the posts for the last 12 hours a couple hours ago and there were _THREE_... (23 years ago, 26-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: e-mail delay

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Kingsley writes: [ ... snipped ...] (...) Don't you mean how few members use the Wed interface? ;-) I was always under the impression that I was in the minority who used a newsreader to read LUGNET newsgroups. Based on the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: e-mail delay

(...) Wow. This really shows just how many Members use the Web interface (Those not requireing a confirmation E-mail). Traffic is way off. I would not have thought it was that many people that needed E-mail confirmation. (...) No problem. I just (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-Mail Confirmations Working?

(...) I think you need to root out your need to plumb the depths with these puns. Do you think you're the alpha-mail of punning or something? Why sink to this non stainless level? And to the wrong group no less. I'm not your garbage disposal. Stop, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: E-Mail Confirmations Working?

(...) That would be rather draining. (just trying to help) GDR James (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-Mail Confirmations Working?

(...) I see about 600 messages stuck in the outgoing mail queue. I'll see what I can figure out. --Todd (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-Mail Confirmations Working?

(...) I didn't get a confirmation email to my test post (interface) just now, but more than that, I haven't received any posts by email from the groups to which I subscribe since sometime yesterday. Should I unsubscribe so I don't get a huge batch (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  E-Mail Confirmations Working?

Is anyone else having problems posting via NNTP? I can post (according to my news reader) but never receive the confirmation e-mails from the LUGNET server. It was working fine earlier today. Mike - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authentication: does anyone say NO or MAYBE?

(...) I know I used the second option, several times... As for the third, I would hope that if someone does click it, all sorts of alarms will go off... The fourth option is a nice idea, kind of an online "outbox" - but I think it's more of a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Authentication: does anyone say NO or MAYBE?

Just curious. When faced with the 4-way choice: * Yes I wrote it and I want to post it * Yes I wrote it but no I don't want to post it * No I didn't write it * Maybe I want to think about it what proportion of people actually select one of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Message CANCEL feature may not be working.

The Message cancel feature may not be working. I posted the following message via HTTP and then sent a cancel message via NNTP. I received the cofirm email so I cancelled using the web interface link. It will not let me do this a second time telling (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact