 Administrative / NNTP / 920
Re: problems with innxmit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:54:43 GMT

"Ian SMith" <ian@achrn.demon.co.uk> writes:

I run inn locally, and it is trying to pass my messages on to the
server, but I just get 'ihave failed 400 You do not have transfer
permission' messages in my logs.

Just as a hint, you may want to try Leafnode as well, which passes
articles upstream by posting.

It works fine by me, but a side effect is that you get different article
numbers locally as compared with the server.  In all other NNTP
applications this is completely indifferent, but with LUGNET, the
article number is used as the ident, rather than the message-id.  So
refering to articles becomes a bit more difficult.

Fredrik