 Administrative / NNTP / 851
    A possible enhancement idea —John Hansen
   One idea I had that may or may not be a good one is this: What about having subsequent authentication emails put multiple authentication numbers into the URL if other posts from the same user are awaiting authentication? This way it would be (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A possible enhancement idea Todd Lehman
   (...) That would be cool. It would require keeping an index of yet-unconfirmed articles on a person-by-person basis (it doesn't currently track this) and just including that, or looking it up on-the-fly based on one of them. (...) I think it's (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A possible enhancement idea —Dan Boger
     (...) can't just fork the job to the background, say "It's done!", so the user can go on it's way, and the server take it's sweet (niced :) time posting the articles? (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: A possible enhancement idea Todd Lehman
     (...) Oh. Hmm. Yes, excellent idea. Or spool it into a processing queue that gets processed frequently and in a serial way. :-) -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: A possible enhancement idea —John Hansen
     (...) Thanks for listening and working so diligently to improve this great website. John Hansen (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A possible enhancement idea —Horst Lehner
   Hello Todd, thanks for outlining a bit of your current thinking: (...) One additional thought for that: Would it be necessary to show the full article? For me, just the title and the first and last few lines would be enough to know whether or not it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A possible enhancement idea —Ross Crawford
     (...) I like that idea, maybe something like you have on the browser interface in "brief" mode, but with a button to view the entire message if possible, just in case the brief version isn't enough. ROSCO (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A possible enhancement idea —Dan Boger
   (...) I agree that the web interface would be best for this. We're not trying to replace it completely, just to remove it as a step from each posting. If people had to fire up the browser whenever their key changes, I really don't think anyone would (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)