 Administrative / NNTP / 781 (-5)
  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) It's that second part that's tricky. The first part doesn't help, because once logged in as anybody, you can post as anybody else. (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Todd, I just wanted to thank you publicly for doing this. I know its not perfect but I personally would rather live with a little inconvenience then have to deal with people stealing identities. Fortunately for me I am a member that uses the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) A followup thought to this - provide a "confirm my posts" link to the web interface when you are logged on. This would allow use of NNTP to post (I much prefer it due to a variety of interface issues, including size of the area to type the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GF4HrG.C3I@lugnet.com... (...) In that case I like Horst's idea of being able to list all posts for a user on a single page and being able to tick the ones to post, tick the ones to delete, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) A public news server that I use allows people to connect and read messages freely, but requires a username/password to post, so it shouldn't be unfeasible to do that here. You'd still need to do some additional checking to ensure the username (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact