 Administrative / NNTP / 581 (-10)
  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) "Yesterday" in this context is wednesday last, I think, as the filter was put in place Thursday, I think. I know for a fact that the train contest reminder was posted after the filter was put in place, based on correspondence. I speculate it (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) My goodness, how many times does this need to be repeated? It's easy to get an email. Easy, but irrelevant to the argument. I have 5. So what? It's HARD to toggle posting settings here. You minimise that as being something that technically (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) True. We don't know the actual number of agree/disagree/undecided. Probably never will. My gut tells me more disagree, though, at least for now. Yours may differ. (people tend to think others agree with them) But irrelevant, ultimately. It's (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) done to LEGO employees posting with their LEGO account, as far as I can see. I was interested in learning what "yesterday's event" was, which apparently triggered the above change. (...) So if I understand this correctly, the announcement of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) Snip! (...) SNIP!! WEE! I average one post a day, so here's too meeting my blabbermouth quota!! It is likely that now that I have my web site back, and there is an end in sight to my storage dilema that I'll be posting more frequently in the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) How does it relegate them to second class citizen status? They are still more than welcome to post anywhere they want, using a non-LEGO address. And given Yahoo, Hotmail, etc, it's neither hard nor expensive to obtain a second email address (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I would not go assuming that. Just because the "vocal majority" does not like this right now does not mean that only 3 people agree with Todd. Remember one of the dynamics of Newsgroups is that people that disagree with a situation are much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  I understand, but can we make it better?

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Todd Lehman (<3ab2f0a6.152546955...gnet.com>) wrote at 05:06:00 (...) The severe nature of the original post certainly took me aback, and I think that's part of what has fuelled this debate. I started off in the 'this is a Very (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) easier (...) Hmm, actually you're arguing the other side here... All of the official LEGO posts being in one place makes them *easier* to find than is the current state. James (still on the fence...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

Bravo Tom, bravo - very well put! Mark P mfuss903@aol.com (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact