 Administrative / NNTP / 528
    Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Tim Courtney
   (...) Good point! Something that someone mentioned to me today but I forgot about since then. I'm a paying member and that should say something. I'm also sure other large contributors (unfortunately due to my financial state, I was only able to give (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Dan Boger
     (...) I wholehartedly disagree. you decided you want to donate some money to lugnet, great. I think of it as paying for services I _already_ recieved from lugnet... I don't think we're stockholders that can set policy, or even need to be consulted. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Mark Papenfuss
      (...) I am glad you have gotten more out of Lugnet than you paid for, thats a good thing. But, without us, there would be no lugnet, I am assuming that the webhosting is not free - and that the membership fees were to help keep Lugnet going - true (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

          Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Tim Courtney
      (...) I agree with most of what you said, but read the thread, we already _have_ gotten a reason. -Tim (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Tim Courtney
      (...) Difference in philosophy, then, I guess. I in no way intend to diminish the service Todd and Suz have done to the community - I appreciate their efforts greatly and a lot of people have benefitted. The fact that this site exists doesn't give (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Roy Gal
     Dan, I think it is a question of representation. It appeared to me when I paid money that I was becoming a member of LUGNET, whatever that means. The description of membership does not call the payment a 'donation' ; it is a payment of what you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I hear the sentiment but I have to come out and say this: You pay (to become a member) which gives you right to use LUGNET in whatever form or shape it is in, subject to your not violating the ToS, not for the right to influence that form or (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)