 Administrative / NNTP / 532
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:25:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Dan Boger writes:

I wholehartedly disagree.  you decided you want to donate some money to
lugnet, great.  I think of it as paying for services I _already_
recieved from lugnet...  I don't think we're stockholders that can set
policy, or even need to be consulted.  if Todd and Suz decide they want
to shut down lugnet today, I'd be upset and sad, but I won't go demand
my money back - I already got back a lot more than I paid for...

Difference in philosophy, then, I guess.  I in no way intend to diminish the
service Todd and Suz have done to the community - I appreciate their efforts
greatly and a lot of people have benefitted.

The fact that this site exists doesn't give it merit, but the users of the
site and the richness they have added does.  We show our appreciation for it
and support (with the intention of furthering its progress) by donating
money.  That's why I think we should be heard.

Todd & Suz have made incredible sacrifices of time for the vision they have
for the community, and I appreciate it.  But, when decisions like this are
made, I think that the community (which they have brought together) should
get some say in decisions like this.

-Tim