 Administrative / NNTP / 530
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:14:34 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

Good point!  Something that someone mentioned to me today but I forgot about
since then.  I'm a paying member and that should say something.  I'm also
sure other large contributors (unfortunately due to my financial state, I
was only able to give the minimum) want to be given a bit more consideration
with stuff like this, too.

I wholehartedly disagree.  you decided you want to donate some money to
lugnet, great.  I think of it as paying for services I _already_
recieved from lugnet...  I don't think we're stockholders that can set
policy, or even need to be consulted.  if Todd and Suz decide they want
to shut down lugnet today, I'd be upset and sad, but I won't go demand
my money back - I already got back a lot more than I paid for...

Dan