 Administrative / NNTP / 541
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:50:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Tim Courtney writes:

Good point!  Something that someone mentioned to me today but I forgot about
since then.  I'm a paying member and that should say something.  I'm also
sure other large contributors (unfortunately due to my financial state, I
was only able to give the minimum) want to be given a bit more consideration
with stuff like this, too.

I hear the sentiment but I have to come out and say this: You pay (to become
a member) which gives you right to use LUGNET in whatever form or shape it
is in, subject to your not violating the ToS, not for the right to influence
that form or shape. If you don't like the form or shape, seek alternatives.

Further, LUGNET is communistic in that it's "from each according to his
willingness to pay" rather than any sort of "bigger contributors get more
say"... None of us get any say other than what we can influence via discussion.

I support these policies (and if I misstated them in a nuance or two, as I
often do... what I really support is what *Todd* said and meant, not my
misstatement of them) of how LUGNET operates, is funded and makes decisions,
even when I don't like the decisions made.

++Lar