 Administrative / NNTP / 542
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:
Lorbaat wrote:

I'm not sure any newsreaders (besides Lugnet's web interface) use that
fact, but if the newsreader fully indexes the whole news spool, it could
easily present the user with all the replies to a given post.

Well, if you're going to play around under the hood of a newsreader... :D

Of course, this all assumes that you wouldn't just sub to the lugnet.lego.*
groups.  Since the idea here is that you don't want to miss anything LEGO
has
to say, I would think that, in the end, this would make things immensely
easier....

I doubt it. Mostly because I doubt the replies will be as forthcoming.

Hmm.  Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's not as though LD has really been
all that forthcoming up to this point, anyway.  IMHO.  Questions asked in their
lugnet.lego.direct newsgroup go not only unanswered but unacknowledged most of
the time...  And to be sure, that is more than in small part due to the clutter
in the group- but I still think that limiting where this interaction can take
place, and how people can post to the group, is probably a good thing in the
end.

eric