 Administrative / NNTP / 539
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:42:07 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:

Yes, I can follow it. It is an extra step to do so. One also has to
realize that there might be a post in another group (since we aren't
following a follow-ups header here -

D'oh.  You're right.

Hmm.  Replying to a post causes a "references" header to be inserted.  There
must be a way to use that to find replies to a post...

I'm not sure any newsreaders (besides Lugnet's web interface) use that
fact, but if the newsreader fully indexes the whole news spool, it could
easily present the user with all the replies to a given post.

Of course, this all assumes that you wouldn't just sub to the lugnet.lego.*
groups.  Since the idea here is that you don't want to miss anything LEGO has
to say, I would think that, in the end, this would make things immensely
easier....

I doubt it. Mostly because I doubt the replies will be as forthcoming.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com