 Administrative / NNTP / 514
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:23:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:

Yes, I can follow it. It is an extra step to do so. One also has to
realize that there might be a post in another group (since we aren't
following a follow-ups header here -

D'oh.  You're right.

Hmm.  Replying to a post causes a "references" header to be inserted.  There
must be a way to use that to find replies to a post...

Of course, this all assumes that you wouldn't just sub to the lugnet.lego.*
groups.  Since the idea here is that you don't want to miss anything LEGO has
to say, I would think that, in the end, this would make things immensely
easier....

As an example, I don't regularly follow the lugnet.technic.bionicle newsgroup,
but I would have been interested in seeing an "official word" on the subject
from LEGO.

eric