 Administrative / NNTP / 436 (-10)
  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) I think Todd explained things pretty well here: (URL) if you want my *personal* reasons to know what "my point" was I will tell you. 1. Time = Money The time I have to dedicate to reading LUGNET is somewhat limited. I am not interested in what (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Yes, I'm aware of that unfortunate side-effect. (...) Brad has our telephone number if he has administrative issues or concerns or sees a compelling need for LEGO to be able to communicate with us there. (...) No one thing in particular. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) That has been answered- (URL) while you were composing your post, though, so it's no wonder you hadn't seen it. eric (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) But not easily. They have to go toggle settings every time they want to post in a different mode than they last posted. And they can't even easily *discuss* it in admin.nntp because you blocked access to it unless they jump through hoops to do (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) What may have confused people is if they were looking to some existing problem that this is supposed to be solving. It's actually not about solving a problem. It's about avoiding dilution of what the community is. LUGNET discussion groups were (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp) !!

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) The lugnet.dear-lego newsgroup was created for open letters to LEGO from its fans -- like "Dear Santa" but about LEGO instead of Santa Claus. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I haven't looked. The member listings are here if you're curious: (URL) (I know Jake is) And if so have (...) If a LEGO Company employee is also an AFOL, yes, they certainly _can_ post in an unofficial capacity (i.e., as an AFOL on their own (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Yup, exactly, and it's extremely easy to post a link to the official LEGO response just about anywhere. It happens all the time now with web stuff, and it happens often in the Italian local groups that someone there will post a link to an (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Money. They're a business. Don't ever forget it. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) I have to ask, so what? We want to buy their product, and as long as the groups aren't saturated with marketing (which they aren't), I see no problem. (...) Again...your point is? I don't care if LEGO is about making money, in fact, I want (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact