 Administrative / NNTP / 435
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:48:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
If a LEGO Company employee is also an AFOL, yes, they certainly _can_ post
in an unofficial capacity (i.e., as an AFOL on their own behalf and not
representing or doing business for LEGO) from their own private email
account

But not easily. They have to go toggle settings every time they want to post
in a different mode than they last posted.

Yes, I'm aware of that unfortunate side-effect.

And they can't even easily *discuss* it in admin.nntp because you blocked
access to it unless they jump through hoops to do it.

I was wrong, I guess it wasn't an oversight on your part to do that. My
apologies for assuming it was a slipup rather than a deliberate action.

Brad has our telephone number if he has administrative issues or concerns or
sees a compelling need for LEGO to be able to communicate with us there.

I'm baffled by this whole thing. I'm baffled by your choices of what
questions to answer and which ones to ignore, too. I'll ask again, more
pointedly.

What brought this on?

No one thing in particular.

Why this precipitious action with no discussion?

Because it wasn't necessary.

--Todd

Well, the upside is that we can more easily bash TLC for not responding to
us, I guess. (Were I a TLC employee who had to go through hoops to toggle
post settings, I'd leave my settings on my company supplied laptop set at
"AFOL" and never officially answer anything...)

++Lar