 Administrative / NNTP / 605
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:32:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
But not easily. They have to go toggle settings every time they want to post
in a different mode than they last posted.

Yes, I'm aware of that unfortunate side-effect.

Well, this "side-effect" (as you call it) has just caused the first trouble
in the technic.bionicle group! An AFOL tried to reply to one of my postings,
but since he has an *@america.lego.com address it wouldn't let him so I had
to do that for him:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=257

I think it's not at all fair to exclude these AFOLs from our discussions,
only for the fact that their employer is the source of our hobby.

Sorry Todd, I  S T I L L don't get it!!!

Just thought I'd focus on the first trouble that filter has created, thanks
again for that, Todd.

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

P.S.: However, as a real "side-effect" the fact that he Emailed me privately
made his letter a little longer than the version he would have posted here.
It's just a tiny detail that he told me (not at all covered by NDA), but
since it may either happen or may not, he asked me not to quote him on that
part. Again - it's not been anything special, just as if some McDonalds
employee would say: "I have heard that Cheese Burgers will be wrapped into
yellow paper instead of orange, but it's not sure by now." Still, I respect
him not wanting to tell it here and have to excuse that I even mentioned the
fact itself at all.