 Administrative / NNTP / 1511 (-10)
  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) I have to say that I have seen some people opposing this move who can be legitimately interpreted as mean-hearted, and yes, that's sad. What I think is equally sad, though [1], is that people can't seem to respect that many want to enjoy their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) that, but she thinks its strange the number of heated arguements we have here. Granted, she is biased by the fact that she's married to someone fairly reactionary, so she see's a skewed version of things. However, even if I were a mostly (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Bravo! I think this is a good move. I am not sure who will be posting in each of these, but i appreciate the efforts of the admin to create them. However, I am saddened by the number of people who disagree with this move. While I was (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) Agree! (...) I'd guess not, until it really becomes requested. To be honest, I'd probably prefer to see a .christian newsgroup before I saw a .men newsgroup, just because ".men" speaks to roughly 95% of the LUGNET population (going by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) I think it would be as useful for men to have their own newsgroup as it would be for women. I don't understand the use for any of them, since I believe the LEGO experience is not influenced by sexual identity, but hey, if we're gonna have (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) I believe the correct term is "Walk the plank!" (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

So in other words, we should respect your beliefs, but you don't have to respect others' beliefs. Yay for double standards! As Todd said, you can just *not read* that group. No one is forcing you to. Personally, if people leave over something so (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) I disagree-- it seems like heterosexual white males are by far the majority on Lugnet. As one of them, I'm not looking for a small subgroup to call my own. I expect you're not either. If I were a woman or gay or black? How easy would it be to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Todd, I think that a heterosexual newsgroup is needed to be fair. And if you were to create a newsgroup for women, a newsgroup for men should be required too. And since Lugnet is aiming to be something other than LEGO-related with these (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Todd, I'm posting this only to play Devil's Advocate... Your statement appears self-contradictory, as both "personal _______ beliefs" and "needs and desires" come from the same pot. You can't expect everyone to shelve their own beliefs/desires (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact