 Administrative / NNTP / 1505
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:29:05 GMT

So in other words, we should respect your beliefs, but you don't have to respect
others' beliefs.  Yay for double standards!

As Todd said, you can just *not read* that group.  No one is forcing you to.
Personally, if people leave over something so little, I say good riddance.

Jeff

In lugnet.announce, Gary Thomas wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman wrote:
Eight new subgroups of lugnet.people have just been created:  Kids, Teens,
Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, and last but not least LGBT.

Come on guys, this is freaking retarded.  LGBT stuff is completely orthogonal to
LUGNET, and it's divisive and inflamatory to do this..  And have some respect
for people's religious beliefs when they say they're uncomfortable with this.

Sorry, this crosses the line for me, and so I think it's time to say 'bye' to
LUGNET.  I'll still be over at brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gedy

Later,

Gary