 Administrative / NNTP / 1502
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.people, Todd Lehman wrote:
Part of that
respect, in fact, is trusting that we all here are mature enough to put
our personal religious beliefs _aside_ when considering the needs and
desires of other individuals and groups within the community.

Todd, I'm posting this only to play Devil's Advocate...  Your statement appears
self-contradictory, as both "personal _______ beliefs" and "needs and desires"
come from the same pot.  You can't expect everyone to shelve their own
beliefs/desires in deference to others' beliefs/desires, and have all agree
that's equitable.  (Not that I'm implying you're after "pure equity", nor that
it's even achievable.  ;]  )

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada