 Administrative / NNTP / 1491 (-20)
  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:I49EE9.1nnL@lugnet.com... (...) My dog only chews megablock. Oops, that should have been posted in off-topic.clone! Rob (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Todd, please consider creating a group lugnet.people.with-pets: CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.people (group and hierarchy) All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, fans, maniacs, collectors, builders, etc.): Introductions, anecdotes, neighborly (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) That's a really great idea, and I know that there are (sadly) women out there who do feel that way. (Comes under the heading of Why Didn't I Think Of That) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) OK I will. But to forward a request to you, in the mean time, that is still kind of related to this issue, - I have received numerous requests to ask for a .women newsgroup. Many women feel outnumbered here and there is some real talent that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Can you elaborate on how you feel discriminated against? (...) But some people do. Let's turn the tables on that: Many people couldn't care less that you mutilate bricks. But YOU do, and that's important. (...) It seemed that only one (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(Because others are afraid to speak what they REALLY think): I'm offended and I feel as if I have been discriminated against. First of all, I'd like to put my stance on the gay issue out in the open. We have a lesbian in our club and there NEVER are (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Well, there's a turn-up. Allister (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Todd- Brilliant. Thanks for doing a great job of sorting through that whole mess in a fair and balanced way. Its definitely appreciated. (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) In the alpha phase (which this was), all the groups actually did begin with the "lugnet." prefix. That was later stripped in the beta phase, and eventually readded in October 1998 shortly after going live. --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) I'm guessing it was called "timmy.die.die.die", since the "lugnet" prefix was added after the test period. Fredrik (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

Eight new subgroups of lugnet.people have just been created: Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, and last but not least LGBT. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.people (group and hierarchy) All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Because .people is still hetero-assumed. Just like every other group in the entirety of LUGNET. It's the same reason why we have Black History Month, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Secretary's Day, when every day of the year is about whites, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote: (snip) I remember some of these! (...) I think there might be merit in bringing back the "collect" ones, at least the root one and see if the subgroups pick up. There really isn't a place to talk about (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) What I don't understand is how .people doesn't fulfill this need already. And where else is there a group that caters to "like-minded" people? There are groups that cater to common interests, but I wouldn't call that "like-minded". Will there (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lee: LUGNET newsgroup theory is all about identifying subsets of interest within the community and creating focused discussion groups for those subsets, both LEGO-related and non-LEGO-related; it's about creating and nurturing individual areas (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) (snipping all the forums so that the system will actually post my message) (...) Well, heck, what did I say about Todd Lehman would know best as to what is appropriate for Lugnet despite whatever I might think? Allow me to be the first to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) (snipped list) That gives some serious food for thought..... but (...) (URL) Awww...www!!!!!! I'm lobbying to bring back the lugnet.timmy.die.die.die, please reconsider! (URL) wink> Janey Blood "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

Below is a list of all the newsgroups which existed on LUGNET six years ago, way back in August of 1998, during a very early testing phase, two months prior to the newsgroup system going live. I don't recall why so many of the .talk subgroups went (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you mind if I modify the topic? (Larry Puns Again - Rob goes AR)

(...) (snip) (...) Ah, well, I never realized. I shall endeavor to remember this difference to help preserve the (remaining) sanity of the NNTPers in the future:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Do you mind if I modify the topic? (Larry Puns Again - Rob goes AR)

(...) work... (...) (URL) (...) Yep. :) Rob (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact