 Administrative / NNTP / 1474
1473  |  1475
Subject:
Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:34:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Below is a list of all the newsgroups which existed on LUGNET six years ago,
way back in August of 1998, during a very early testing phase, two months
prior to the newsgroup system going live.

I don't recall why so many of the .talk subgroups went away when .talk was
renamed to .off-topic, but I think it's interesting to note the variety.

I'm posting this tonight for historical purposes and also to give a bit of
perspective.

--Todd

lugnet.announce
lugnet.build
lugnet.build.creations
lugnet.build.elements
lugnet.build.figures
lugnet.build.geometry
lugnet.build.ideas
lugnet.build.layouts
lugnet.build.modifications
lugnet.build.photography
lugnet.build.robotics
lugnet.build.robotix
lugnet.build.sorting
lugnet.build.tables
lugnet.build.tips+tricks
lugnet.collect
lugnet.collect.archive
lugnet.collect.display
lugnet.collect.restoration
lugnet.community
lugnet.community.events
lugnet.community.experiences
lugnet.community.forsale.announce
lugnet.community.forsale.update
lugnet.community.projects
lugnet.community.shipping
lugnet.community.survey
lugnet.community.surveys
lugnet.community.trading-post
lugnet.community.wanted
lugnet.creative
lugnet.creative.dreams
lugnet.creative.games
lugnet.creative.histories
lugnet.creative.poetry
lugnet.creative.stories
lugnet.creative.themes
lugnet.help
lugnet.lego
lugnet.lego.adventurers
lugnet.lego.aquazone
lugnet.lego.basic
lugnet.lego.belville
lugnet.lego.boats
lugnet.lego.books
lugnet.lego.castle
lugnet.lego.collect
lugnet.lego.dacta
lugnet.lego.duplo
lugnet.lego.fabuland
lugnet.lego.freestyle
lugnet.lego.paradisa
lugnet.lego.pirates
lugnet.lego.primo
lugnet.lego.promotional
lugnet.lego.scala
lugnet.lego.scala.doll
lugnet.lego.scala.jewelry
lugnet.lego.space
lugnet.lego.starwars
lugnet.lego.technic
lugnet.lego.town
lugnet.lego.trains
lugnet.lego.wildwest
lugnet.reviews
lugnet.shopping
lugnet.shopping.experiences
lugnet.shopping.fotw
lugnet.shopping.sales
lugnet.shopping.sightings
lugnet.software
lugnet.software.cad
lugnet.software.cad.developer
lugnet.software.cad.l3g0
lugnet.software.cad.ldraw
lugnet.software.cad.leocad
lugnet.software.cad.tlg
lugnet.software.database
lugnet.talk
lugnet.talk.arts
lugnet.talk.books
lugnet.talk.computers
lugnet.talk.economics
lugnet.talk.education
lugnet.talk.food
lugnet.talk.hobbies
lugnet.talk.home
lugnet.talk.jobs
lugnet.talk.movies+tv
lugnet.talk.music
lugnet.talk.news
lugnet.talk.philosophy
lugnet.talk.politics
lugnet.talk.religion
lugnet.talk.school
lugnet.talk.sciences
lugnet.talk.sports
lugnet.usergroup
lugnet.usergroup.pnltc
lugnet.usergroup.slug

p.s.  Oh yeah, there was also a lugnet.timmy.die.die.die newsgroup, but it
only existed for a short duration during testing.