 Administrative / NNTP / 1475
Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:24:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
   Below is a list of all the newsgroups which existed on LUGNET six years ago, way back in August of 1998, during a very early testing phase, two months prior to the newsgroup system going live.

I don’t recall why so many of the .talk subgroups went away when .talk was renamed to .off-topic, but I think it’s interesting to note the variety.

I’m posting this tonight for historical purposes and also to give a bit of perspective.

--Todd
(snipped list)

That gives some serious food for thought..... but

p.s. Oh yeah, there was also a lugnet.timmy.die.die.die newsgroup, but it only existed for a short duration during testing.

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! I’m lobbying to bring back the lugnet.timmy.die.die.die, please reconsider! wink

Janey Blood “Red Brick”