 Administrative / NNTP / 1478
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 05:42:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman wrote:

   it’s about creating and nurturing individual areas large and small where like-minded people can meet and discuss topics of interest to them without fear of being off-topic or lost among the ambient noise if they post elsewhere.

What I don’t understand is how .people doesn’t fulfill this need already. And where else is there a group that caters to “like-minded” people? There are groups that cater to common interests, but I wouldn’t call that “like-minded”. Will there then be a need for .people.glbt.trains, .people.glbt.space, etc?

The whole thing doesn’t make sense to me.

JOHN