 Administrative / NNTP / 1436
1435  |  1437
Subject:
lugnet.parts hierarchy (was Re: New Group Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 05:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I would put new elements in lugnet.parts.wanted I guess, and possibly expand mod
to modified, but other than that I like your categorization!

Hey, lugnet.parts.wanted is a good one!
I don't know about .modified though.  People may confuse that with (example:
1x1 brick modified with handle) official elements.  How about:

.modify
.modding
.modifying
.customize
.customized
.customizing
.hack
.brutalize
.sacreligion
.mutilation (Todd's favorite)
.puristsarenotwelcome
.purist-schmurist
.puristsarewimps
.darkside
.ohno-notmystud! (Mr. Bill would like that one)
.blasphemy
.nefarious
.felonious
.transmogrify (My personal favorite)  :P

With at least Little Armory and BBB active in custom molding, and with lots of
people selling modded parts now, I think this is a fertile area for
discussion...

Hmm, maybe I should learn how to manufacture "clone" parts!

Additional groups that could be listed under lugnet.parts:

.clones
.stickers
.suggestions (same as .wanted?)
.database

I'm sure there are more...

Posting a FUT to this older suggestion partly because it's still a good idea and
partly to see if so doing will get Rob to stop threadjacking every new group
suggestion or announcement to point out what a good idea it is... :-)

For starters maybe just create lugnet.parts and compartmentalise it further if
there's a demonstrated need (that's the usenet way after all)?