 Administrative / NNTP / 1435
Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 05:32:17 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman wrote:
   A new newsgroup/list lugnet.color has been created for the focused discussion LEGO colors. Cross-posting is OK, within reason, but please be careful to set the followup field to direct color discussions to lugnet.color -- especially rants, complaints, kvetching, or general negativity that ensues during a color-related discussion.

Please note: the idea here is -not- to put a stop to public complaints, but rather to migrate them to a better home where color discussions can have more breathing room, free from worry of intrusion into less specific groups such as lugnet.general.

The idea for lugnet.color has been on the back burner for many years. Recent discussion activity levels show that interest in discussing LEGO color topics is wide enough to warrant a new group.

It would greatly appreciated by many if everyone could help -gently- (read: helpfully, not scornfully) migrate current color discussions into the new lugnet.color group.

Wow. LUGNET sure moves fast, provided the right people are complaining.

This seems like a very unfair move designed to discourage the expression of negative opinions about the color change, for the benefit of a few people who want to ignore those opinions. I can see that when anyone voices any opinion on the color change besides the apparently LUGNET-sanctioned “like it or lump it” stance, the response will be “Go back to your ghetto - FUT to .color”.

This is the sort of thing I would expect from FBTB, but not from LUGNET. I am very disappointed.

Marc Nelson Jr.