 Administrative / Suggestions / 859
Re: New Group Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I would put new elements in lugnet.parts.wanted I guess, and possibly expand mod
to modified, but other than that I like your categorization!

Hey, lugnet.parts.wanted is a good one!
I don't know about .modified though.  People may confuse that with (example:
1x1 brick modified with handle) official elements.  How about:

.modify
.modding
.modifying
.customize
.customized
.customizing
.hack
.brutalize
.sacreligion
.mutilation (Todd's favorite)
.puristsarenotwelcome
.purist-schmurist
.puristsarewimps
.darkside
.ohno-notmystud! (Mr. Bill would like that one)
.blasphemy
.nefarious
.felonious
.transmogrify (My personal favorite)  :P

With at least Little Armory and BBB active in custom molding, and with lots of
people selling modded parts now, I think this is a fertile area for
discussion...

Hmm, maybe I should learn how to manufacture "clone" parts!

Additional groups that could be listed under lugnet.parts:

.clones
.stickers
.suggestions (same as .wanted?)
.database

I'm sure there are more...

Phew! I wouldn't know where to post!
lugnet.parts.floccinoccinihilipilification for making other parts feel useless?

How about
lugnet.parts.mod for modified parts
lugnet.parts.mold for molded ones
lugnet.parts.quality for TLC parts quality whinges
lugnet.parts.uses for new uses for parts
lugnet.parts.wanted for "where can I get xyz?" or "does this part exist?"
lugnet.parts.color for colour whinges, or will that fit in quality?

Too many groups creates confusion and too few means more searching at -20 for
threads.  Is it better to create a few at a time or start with one and see how
it goes?

BTW in Technic the SSClagorpion discussion about pneumatics has reached 103
messages and the inline display has been suppressed due to its size!  Definitely
time for lugnet.technic.pneumatics methinks!

Mark