 Administrative / Suggestions / 857
Re: New Group Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:22:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rob Hendrix wrote:
lugnet.parts
For discussing new parts, mods to parts, parts you really want that may never be
made, 5 most useful/useless parts etc...
I have a large number of ideas for parts and some of them I have made, and I'm
sure I'm not alone in that, so there is much scope for discussion.

I've been in contact with a few people trying to come up with a similar
group.  I wouldn't go with simply lugnet.parts.  What about:

lugnet.parts for talking about existing elements or new elelments produced
by Lego
lugnet.parts.custom for talking about elements made by others (BBB wheels?)
to work with Lego.
lugnet.parts.mod for talking about modifying existing elements.

I'm sure there are more possibilities...

I would put new elements in lugnet.parts.wanted I guess, and possibly expand mod
to modified, but other than that I like your categorization!

With at least Little Armory and BBB active in custom molding, and with lots of
people selling modded parts now, I think this is a fertile area for
discussion...