 Administrative / NNTP / 1271
Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 16:37:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Carlo Ottolina writes:
It started 05/21/2003.

a-HA!  That's the date that I applied the new 'quoted-printable' fix
retroactively (to old articles).  I haven't a clue, however, why this would
confuse Outlook, because the fix only applies to the bodies of messages and
not to headers (although it does rewrite the 'Lines:' header if the number
of lines changed during the conversion).  Hmm, I wonder if the server is
getting confused by the line count in the .overview file no longer matching
the 'Lines:' header for those articles.  (But it shouldn't ever open an
article file when you enter a group, and neither should Outlook.)

Well in any case this is an important clue...thanks.  I think I need to fix
the .overview files regardless.