 Administrative / NNTP / 1279
Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:09:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Well in any case this is an important clue...thanks.  I think I need to
fix the .overview files regardless.

seems you just did it because now I don't have that error anymore.

Actually the .overview files weren't the culprit (which is good, because I was
about to go insane trying to figure out why, if they were).  The culprit was
that when I applied this fix retro-actively to old articles:

   http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/?n=662

I made backup/archive copies of the originals.  These were left in the article
storage directory by mistake, and consequently the news server was seeing them
when it enumerated the articles and reported the count.  I archived these files
and now the news server is happy again.

Thank you ;)

Well (*blush*) you're welcome.  Thank you for providing clues!  My apologies
for confusing your news reader!

--Todd