 Administrative / NNTP / 1273
Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 16:48:38 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Carlo Ottolina writes:
It started 05/21/2003.

a-HA!  That's the date that I applied the new 'quoted-printable' fix
retroactively (to old articles).  I haven't a clue, however, why this • would
confuse Outlook, because the fix only applies to the bodies of messages • and
not to headers (although it does rewrite the 'Lines:' header if the number
of lines changed during the conversion).  Hmm, I wonder if the server is
getting confused by the line count in the .overview file no longer • matching
the 'Lines:' header for those articles.  (But it shouldn't ever open an
article file when you enter a group, and neither should Outlook.)

Well in any case this is an important clue...thanks.  I think I need to • fix
the .overview files regardless.

What is wierd is that it isn't affecting all groups.  For example,
lugnet.admin.nntp works fine.  I am having problems with the following
groups (number of articles OE thinks are new but doesn't display):

lugnet.basic (2)
lugnet.cad (5)
lugnet.cad.dev (9)
lugnet.cad.mlcad (5)