 Administrative / NNTP / 1272
Re: NNTP interface broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 16:43:19 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message
news:HFK07y.17Mo@lugnet.com...
What kind of trace is that?  It doesn't look like a raw NNTP capture.

It is just the NNTP part of the packets. I just did a trace with Ethereal,
and this is what I get:

GROUP lugnet.loc.eu
211 186 1 188 lugnet.loc.eu
GROUP lugnet.loc.it
211 13389 1 13106 lugnet.loc.it

211 = response code (RFC 977,  page 11)
13389 = estimated number of articles in group
1 = first article number in the group
13106 =  last article number in the group.

When "estimated" > "last", OE is really *confused*

This has not happened till 05/21

Anyway, could you try something for me?  Of those 283 messages, pick a few
and download them, then restart Outlook and see how many it reports.

As I said, I *can't* get the 283 messages, they just don't exist.

I saw the same beaviour with a lot of  different newsgroups in the last • few
days.

If you happen to know more groups that you observed this in, it would help
me...thanks!

This is a small list (some of the groups that I subscribe):

lugnet.db.brictionary
lugnet.dear-lego
lugnet.general
lugnet.lego
lugnet.loc.it

These groups don't show the strange behaviour:

lugnet.admin.nntp
lugnet.loc.eu

etc..

--