 Administrative / NNTP / 1263
Re: NNTP interface broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mike Walsh writes:
Did something change in the NNTP interface lately?

No.

I am seeing the same behavior as described in this article:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=1259

I had assumed that my Outlook Express installation had gotten confused
(although it has never happened previously) and marked it up as something to
look into later.  I was chatting offline with another LUGNET reader who is
seeing the same behavior as I am.

When did you first observe this behavior?

Something has changed.

Nothing has changed in the code.  Some articles were retro-filtered to
decode RFC2047 headers last night, however.

A group like lugnet.trains.org.ncltc now shows two
(2) unread articles when in fact, there hasn't been a post in several
months.

Can you tell me the subject lines of those two messages?

The lugnet.trains group now reports 112 unread articles.  I use the
visible unread article show me when there is something to go read.

About half the groups I read now exhibit this behavior.

What happens when you mark them as read and then re-check?

Thanks,
--Todd