 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 441 – 460 of 524.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  How long does a new membership generally take?

Howdy, Last week I signed my wife up as a new member and I have yet to hear anything about sending the money via PayPal as well as getting her username/password info. About how long does this process normally take? (I know there have been server (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Need help posting from IE5

(...) James, You say you're using IE5, but then talk about setting up ports & newsgroups. Are you using Outlook Express, or the web interface to post? If you're using Outlook Express, you don't need to specify a password. You do need to make sure (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) I haven't posted with respect to this in a while, but I would like to say that if you use this current validator to validate what people can choose for passwords you might as well just not use it and keep sticking people with the ones you are (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Use either the top radio button and close the browser when you're done, or use the bottom radio button and set a timeout like 1 hour in case you forget to sign out manually. (...) Leave yourself signed in, or sign out manually when you're (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

I've been on a few BBSes, quite a while back now, and believe me, some of the passwords that I came up with were quite alphanumeric, and rather random. A hacker's chance of guessing a random, or even semi-random, password is therefore theoretically (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  LUGNET Admin Question URGENT

Todd, Forgive me for adding this in right here! Been trying to get ahold of you for awhile now using the email on your member page and posting at lugnet.admin.general Could you please reset my password for logging into the database? Also, notice my (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Getting an error when viewing posts

Clicking on an individual post, rather than on the board-level overview, gives the following error message: === An internal server error occurred: DBI connect('host=localh...web4',...) failed: Access denied for user 'web4'@'localhost' (using (...) (10 years ago, 15-Feb-15, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) That might be fine for home (or maybe it wouldn't be - maybe my wife and I share a computer to access LUGNET (we don't, since I have more than a few computers, but we could)?) but it wouldn't work for work. My LUGNET packet is sitting in my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Why not do this: Shut off posting by mail completely. Let people read, but not post. Require authentication via nntp same as web (this should be simple - in fact it should be a toggle to turn it on, then an option to pull the username & (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  membership packet

I received this in my membership activation email back in July: Your LUGNET Member Packet is queued up for printing and postage and should arrive to you within a few weeks. This will contain an official LUGNET Membership card bearing your name and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) The insecurity of written down passwords is when they are put someplace accessible and obvious. This is done sufficiently often by people that it is often treated as an inherent problem with writing down passwords. One trick I have used to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Are there any verification things that are part of the official NNTP protocol? If not, then anyone who uses a standard old newsreader could end up being out of luck. I use 'gnus' inside Gnu emacs, for example. I also have absolutely no idea (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  member packets (continued)

sorry.. I'm posting from a library with time-limited 'net use. (...) anyway... after separating last spring, Todd handed the things over to me. It was then that I found out that all document/graphics files had been lost at some time in the past. In (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  pw checking (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) Well, enough new things that I think it will be hard for anyone to continue belittling the checking anymore. Plus, as I said before, it's possible (and likely, I hope) that the checking will be less stringent. Right now I'm guesstimating that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Well, obviously, don't do that on a machine that's not under your control. That's for your home system or your laptop -- whatever you use regularly. (...) No, not dug in, just a bit skeptical and need to think changes through carefully. No (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: posting varification, ug!

(...) I'm willing to bet that the distribution of posting has shifted toward the Web interface since the authentication has gone into effect. At least among LUGNET *members*. (...) If members are spoofing posts, there's a real problem. I'd think (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) someone with mail with subjects like "WTF are my Lugnet posts?!" Seriously, though - possible to do it via the web? Say I'm a mentor - I go to a specific URL, give a username/password, then am presented with each of the messages I need to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: pw checking (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G1L15F.K94@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) client (...) if (...) to (...) been (...) reason. (...) follow (...) it (...) Why would it have been a mistake to protect them? IMHO, if anyone can fake a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Hrmmm .... or maybe article scoring could be turned off for the market groups where listings are posted? Probably not, though, since those groups often contain discussion in addition to listings. (...) Dunno about Ed, but I read LUGNET from (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Yeah, this whole thought of calling it "snooping" seems ridiculous to me. How many times have you had to manually edit URLs you've come across because they just didn't plain work until you "hacked" away at them? If it's world-readable and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

password
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>